|Kevin (Kay) Stax|
|Also known as:||N/A|
|Signature Monster(s):|| Metanoid|
|Family:||Connor Stax (Father}|
|Friends:|| Maya |
|Quote:||"I wouldn't be so quick to smile."|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Voiced by:||Austin Di Iulio|
|First appearance:||The Fist of the Colossus|
Kevin Stax is one of the three main protagonists in the television series, Redakai: Conquer the Kairu. He is the martial artist leader of Team Stax, a team consisting of Maya, Boomer and himself, three warriors learning to master Kairu. His Signature Monsters are Metanoid and Fractus with their Plasma Energy Sword and Seismic Shake attacks.
Kevin is a 15-year old boy with black, messy-like, hair. He has blue eyes and a light skin tone. He wears a red shirt with long sleeves
Kevin is the leader of Team Stax, and his talent is only matched by his brash nature. Kevin’s father was a Kairu Master, and was the one who sent the Kairu Vessel to Earth in order to get it away from Lokar’s hands. Baoddai is Redakai’s masterful guru of good who has been battling Lokar forever, and he handpicked Kevin to be leader of Team Stax and follow in his father’s footsteps. With the pedigree he’s inherited from his father and his strong confidence, Kevin is a very very capable guy.
Kevin made his first appearance in episode 1 - The Fist of the Colossus. He and Maya started joking about Boomer's zit. Then, they travel to the South Pacific where they encounter the Gihox and their human slaves. But before they can save them, Team Battacor comes in and they battle. They manage to escape them but encounter the Gihox, and Kevin surrenders to them. After a little bit of digging, Maya senses the Kairu energy and Kevin then levitates the Fist of Colossus out. After another battle with the Gihox and later with Team Battacor, he and his teammates get the Kairu energy.
In episode 2, Maya Goes Bad, Ky and Boomer were getting impatient in the hedge maze and left Maya behind. When they found her, Maya had gone to the Radikors and were confused. When they got back, they spoke to Master Boaddai, who told them of Kairu in the Middle East. After escaping from the Egyptian pyramid, they fought against Maya and the Radikors. Ky was able to grab Zane's X-Reader, which had Lokar's Shadow, and was able to reverse the effect on Maya.
He appeared again in episode 3 - The Kairu Diary. He and his friends were thinking of what to do with Master Boaddai's birthday but they got a signal from Alaska, where Ky and his Dad used to go train. Ky wanted to go but Boaddai said no. Ky, however, disobeyed and went there anyway, where he found his Dad's old X-Reader. However, he ran into the Radikors and was knocked out, losing his own X-Reader. Later, he found out from his Dad's X-Reader that he survived the Great Cataclysm event but was found by Lokar. Later, he meets up with his teammates and, using his Dad's X-Reader, defeat the Radikors and gets back his own X-Reader.
He also appeared in The Cataclysm Stone, where he and his team when to stop the Cataclysm Stone from stealing the Kairu in the universe. In the end, they are able to defeat the Radikors, contain the Cataclysm Stone and save the world.
He appeared in The Guardian of the Souls when he and Team Stax went to Romania and encountered the Imperiaz E-Teens. During the battle, Koz surrendered to Ky but used a Mirage attack and Ky attacked unknowingly. Master Boaddai then removes Ky from the team and has him transported back. However, he is able to figure out what happened and helps his friends defeated the Guardian of the Souls. After that, Boaddai gives Ky his X-Reader back and he later battles Imperiaz and wins.
In The Valley of the Banyan, Ky and his team were defeated by the Battacors and lost the first Kairu energy. When they got back to the monastery, Master Boaddai sensed a huge amount of Kairu energy and they went to India. They also took Mookee along, who was trying to be a Kairu warrior like the rest. However, due to Mookee's mishaps, Ky and his friends were on the losing end again. Later, when they battled Battacor, Maya and Boomer were taken out partly due to Mookee and Ky encouraged him to try again. In the end, Ky and Mookee defeated the Battacors.
In Black Kairu Gold Metanoid - Ky battled against Lokar and managed to control Gold Metanoid for the first time.
He appeared in The Chalice.
He also appeared in Tournament of Champions, where he defeated Zylus and Zane to win the Tournament.
In S2E2, he gained a Direwolf as well as some new attacks.
Cards in Ky's Possession
- Neural Blast
- Magna Crush
- Scatter Burst
- Reflected Glory
- Lightning Bolt
- Psychological Slip
- Deccelerate Attack
- Psyphon Blast
- Cycling Barrage
- Acid Beam Attack
- Plasma Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Blinding Light
- Titan Strike
- Psyphone Snare
- Instant Warp
- Boulder Crush
- Purificate Attack(used in tournament)
- Lightning Shard
- He resembles the character Tom from the Canadian animated television series, Chaotic.
- Ky's signature monster is the Plasma powered Metanoid with Seismic powered Fractus rounding out his go-to combo.
- Ky really cares for his father, going as far to disobey Master Boaddai in order to find him.
- Ky is the first character to use a Gold monster, even though he could not control it at first.
- Ky is the first character to use a different variation of a monster hence Metanoid and is also the first character to have all four variations of one monster also hence Metanoid. He is also the only one so far to use a variation of a monster.
- Ky is also the only character so far who has transformed into a monster other than his two signature ones.
- Ky currently has the most monsters of any character as well as the most Attack Cards so far.
- Even though he said that Slime Grenades was a new attack for him in Tournament of Champions - he used the same attack with skill against the Battacors in The Kairu That Time Forgot.
- In the early production of Redakai, Ky's name was originally Max.
- Ky was jealous of Ekayon at first but realised he wasn't a bad guy after all.
- Ky is voiced by Donald Reignoux in the French version of the show.
- Ky takes the Kairu Code incredibly seriously.